What an absolutely crazy week it has been! Market was real moody last week and I took advantage of great offers. I invested 4,775.19 in the last week of July. I plan to use these Dividend Growth Investing stocks to fuel my passive dividend income in the coming weeks and months.I also updated my Freedom Race Portfolio.
Below are the companies that I put my capital on towards my race for earning $3000 per month in 3000 days. This month, I completed 90 days of race, what a zapping race it has been, so far
1) BofA, Corp. (BAC): 15 positions at $17.95 on 7/31: $269.18
2) BP plc (BP): 10 positions at $37.18 on 7/31: $371.80
3) Chevron Corp. (CVX): 5 positions at $93.59 on 7/30: $468.00
4) Digital Realty Trust, Inc. (DLR): 5 positions at $64.00 on 7/31: $320.00
5) Johnson & Johnson (JNJ): 4 positions at $98.59 on 7/28: $394.39
6) Realty Income Corp. (O): 10 positions at 47.58 on 7/29: $475.80
7) Omega Healthcare (OHI): 10 positions at $36.51 on 7/28: $365.19
8) ONEOK Inc. (OKE): 10 positions at $37.66 on 7/28: $376.60
9) The Proctor & Gamble Comp. (PG): 10 positions at $79.48 on 7/29: $397.40
10) PennantPark Investment (PNNT): 50 positions at $8.01 on 7/29: $400.09
11) Starwood Property Trust, Inc. (STWD): 30 positions at $21.58 on 7/28: $647.40
12) Wells Fargo & Co. (WFC): 5 positions at $57.79 on 7/30: $288.95
It was heavy shopping this month and my cart was filled to the brim. Market did throw some curve balls and indeed pushed me harder to run my race 🙂 However, it will help me to catch up towards my goal. Now, I’ve 41 wonderful companies in my portfolio and my initial goal is to own close to 50 companies so that I’m fully diversified across various sectors and not putting all eggs in one.
I’ve already received several dividends this month and they will be working for me to earn more dividends, setting off a compounding engine. That’s the beauty of growing dividends working for themselves and propel towards the cherished la-la land of financial independence.
Full Disclosure: Long on above mentioned stocks.
Thanks for reading.
How many stocks do you think you need to own for diversified portfolio.