I thought July was a crazy month, it appears that August is turning out to be even bigger, folks! Market is in psychic mode with yuan devaluation and china slowdown weighing hard, Dow dropping more than 500+ points on last Fri: 8/21. However, I took advantage of great offers on the block and invested $6,301.40, a record for me. I plan to use these Dividend Growth Investing stocks to grow my passive dividend income in coming weeks and months. My portfolio is here: Freedom Race Portfolio.
Below are the companies that I put my capital on towards my race for earning $3000 per month in 3000 days.
1) Apple Inc. (AAPL): 5 positions at $110.00 on 8/21: $550.00
2) BHP Billiton plc (BBL): 10 positions at $35.58 on 8/17: $355.80
3) GlaxoSmithKline (GSK): 10 positions at $43.86 on 8/17: $438.60
4) Johnson & Johnson (JNJ): 5 positions at $98.44 on 8/17: $492.20
5) JP Morgan Chase & Co. (JPM): 5 positions at $65.00 on 8/21: $325.00
6) Kinder Morgan, Inc. (KMI): 10 positions at 33.98 on 8/17: $339.80
7) Microsoft Corp. (MSFT): 10 positions at $45.00 on 8/21: $450.00
8) ONEOK Inc. (OKE): 10 positions at $35.00 on 8/18: $350.00
9) The Proctor & Gamble Comp. (PG): 5 positions at $75.00 on 8/17: $375.00
10) Phillip Morris Intl., Inc. (PM): 25 positions at $83.00 on 8/21: $2075.00
11) Wells Fargo Inc. (WFC): 10 positions at $55.00 on 8/21: $550.00
It was quite a shopping third week of Aug., to say the least, and my cart is getting filled to the brim. Market indeed pushed me harder to run my race. However, it will help me to catch up towards my goal. Now, I’ve 48 wonderful companies in my portfolio and my initial goal is to own close to 50 companies so that I’m fully diversified across various sectors and not putting all eggs in one.
The beauty of growing dividends is that they will be working for me to earn more dividends, setting off a compounding engine and snowball. That will propel me towards the cherished land of financial independence.
Full Disclosure: Long on above mentioned stocks.
Thanks for reading.
Do you own any of above stocks or planning to own?