Holy cow! I thought July was a crazy month, it appears that August is turning out to be bigger, folks! 🙂 I made several purchases very first week of August. Market was moody last week and there were many great offers. I was lucky to snag Shake Shack (SHAK) at a great price: $65.00 and Keurig Green Mountain Inc. (GMCR) that dropped in price: $53.00. I invested 4,381.45 during last 3 days of Aug, 5-7th. I plan to use these Dividend Growth Investing stocks to fuel my passive dividend income in the coming weeks and months. My portfolio is here: Freedom Race Portfolio.
Below are the companies that I put my capital on towards my race for earning $3000 per month in 3000 days. Last month, I completed 90 days of race, what a zapping race it has been, so far.
1) Abbott Laboratories (ABT): 10 positions at $50.00 on 8/07: $500.00
2) BHP Billiton plc (BBL): 10 positions at $36.26 on 8/06: $362.60
3) Emerson Electric Co. (EMR): 5 positions at $49.77 on 8/06: $248.85
4) Keurig Green Mountain Inc. (GMCR): 10 positions at $53.00 on 8/06: $530.00
5) Main Street Capital (MAIN): 10 positions at $30.00 on 8/05: $300.00
6) Realty Income Corp. (O): 10 positions at 48.00 on 8/05: $480.00
7) Phillip Morris Intl., Inc. (PM): 5 positions at $85.00 on 8/07: $425.00
8) Shake Shack (SHAK): 5 positions at $65.00 on 8/06: $325.00
9) W.P. Carey (WPC): 20 positions at $60.50 on 8/05: $1210.00
It was quite a shopping first week of Aug. and my cart is getting filled to the brim, however, my capital is getting thin now. Market indeed pushed me harder to run my race. It will help me to catch up towards my goal. Now, I’ve 46 wonderful companies in my portfolio and my initial goal is to own close to 50 companies so that I’m fully diversified across various sectors and not putting all eggs in one.
I’m excited to report that my portfolio crossed half of 6-figures: $50,000.00+ that is an achievement for myself as well as inspiration for the readers, especially, when I started my race barely 100 days ago. It is possible to achieve FI if you strive for it and keep working on it: slow and steady wins the race!
Full Disclosure: Long on above mentioned stocks.
Thanks for reading.
Did you purchase any of the above companies.