I thought July was a crazy month, it appears that August is turning out to be even bigger, folks! I made several purchases very first week of August and I’m going to write in 2 posts. Market was again moody last week and I took advantage of great offers. I invested 3,563.75 during first 2 days of Aug, 3rd and 4th. I plan to use these Dividend Growth Investing stocks to fuel my passive dividend income in the coming weeks and months. My portfolio is here: Freedom Race Portfolio.
Below are the companies that I put my capital on towards my race for earning $3000 per month in 3000 days. Last month, I completed 90 days of race, what a zapping race it has been, so far
1) BofA, Corp. (BAC): 20 positions at $17.85 on 8/04: $357.00
2) BHP Billiton plc (BBL): 10 positions at $35.56 on 8/03: $355.60
3) General Electric Company (GE): 20 positions at $26.00 on 8/03: $520.00
4) HCP, Inc. (HCP): 10 positions at $38.59 on 8/03: $385.90
5) ONEOK Inc. (OKE): 10 positions at $37.00 on 8/03: $370.00
6) Pfizer Inc. (PFE): 10 positions at 36.00 on 8/03: $360.00
7) Reynolds American, Inc. (RAI): 5 positions at $86.05 on 8/03: $430.25
8) U.S. Bankcorp (USB): 10 positions at $45.00 on 8/03: $450.00
9) Ventas Inc. (VTR): 5 positions at $67.00 on 8/03: $335.00
It was quite a shopping first week of Aug. and my cart is getting filled to the brim. Market indeed pushed me harder to run my race. However, it will help me to catch up towards my goal. Now, I’ve 46 wonderful companies in my portfolio and my initial goal is to own close to 50 companies so that I’m fully diversified across various sectors and not putting all eggs in one.
The beauty of growing dividends is that they will be working for me to earn more dividends, setting off a compounding engine and snowball. That will propel me towards the cherished la-la land of financial independence.
Full Disclosure: Long on above mentioned stocks.
Thanks for reading.