Holy cow! August month has a huge movement, folks! Market is witnessing an increased fear and greed with significant up and down days. However, I took it as an opportunity and invested $6,090.71. 3 new stocks were added in my portfolio for the first time: Dr. Pepper Snapple Group, Inc. (DPS), Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD) and PepsiCo Inc. (PEP). I plan to use these dividend growth stocks to build my passive dividend income in coming weeks and months. My portfolio is here: Freedom Race Portfolio that I’ll be updating at the end of this month.
Below are the companies that I put my capital on towards my race for earning $3000 per month in 3000 days.
1) Chevron Corp (CVX): 5 positions at $70.00 on 8/24: $350.00
2) Digital Realty Trust, Inc. (DLR): 10 positions at $63.49 on 8/24: $634.90
3) Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc. (DPS): 5 positions at $63.49 on 8/24: $373.15
4) Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD): 5 positions at $97.30 on 8/24: $486.50
5) HCP, Inc. (HCP): 10 positions at $37.00 on 8/25: $370.00
6) Kinder Morgan, Inc. (KMI): 10 positions at $29.60 on 8/24: $296.00
7) Altria Group, Inc. (MO): 10 positions at $49.00 on 8/24: $490.00
8) Realty Income Corp (O): 10 positions at $46.00 on 8/24: $460.00
9) The Omega Healthcare, Inc. (OHI): 10 positions at $34.85 on 8/24: $348.50
10) PepsiCo Inc. (PEP): 5 positions at $90.00 on 8/24: $450.00
11) Southern Company (SO): 10 positions at $43.00 on 8/25: $430.00
12) AT&T Inc. (T): 30 positions at $32.00 on 8/24: $960.00
13) Verizon Comm., Inc. (VZ): 10 positions at $44.31 on 8/24: $443.10
It was quite a shopping fourth week of Aug., to say the least, and my cart is getting filled to the brim. Market indeed pushed me harder to run my race. However, it will help me to catch up towards my goal. Now, I’ve 52 wonderful companies in my portfolio, achieving my initial goal to own 50 companies so that I’m fully diversified across various sectors and not putting all eggs in one.
The beauty of growing dividends is that they will be working for me to earn more dividends, setting off a compounding engine and snowball. That will propel me towards the cherished land of financial independence.
Full Disclosure: Long on above mentioned stocks.
Thanks for reading.
Are you planning to purchase any of the above stocks?